Garage Door Repair Services Catering to Columbus Homes and Businesses
Approved Garage Door Spring Repair Practices in Columbus
Homeowners often face unexpected events, which tend to occur at the most inconvenient times. One such frustrating situation is having your car stuck in the garage, especially if you recently had a garage door repair. Gold Tech Garage Service comes to the rescue by following the industry's best practices, providing top-tier advice to homeowners every time we work in a garage. These practices result in time and money savings, and we always prioritize our customers' satisfaction.
Preferred Method #1 - Swap Out Both Springs
Most garage doors come with a pair of springs installed at the same time. If one fails, chances are the other is also close to the end of its useful life. To avoid any future issues, possible risks, and damage to the garage door opener, Gold Tech Garage Service generally advises replacing both springs. Similar to changing both car tires if one bursts, it's essential to preserve valuable assets like garage doors and vehicles by replacing both garage door springs.
Preferred Method #2 - Selecting Proper Springs
The wide variety of garage door weights and sizes calls for the use of suitable springs to achieve the right balance. If a technician uses an improper spring, it can cause damage to the garage door system and make the opener work harder than necessary. This can lead to premature opener malfunction and more repair requests. Attempting a DIY spring replacement is also hazardous for the same reason. Our Columbus, WI technicians are committed to installing the correct springs for the door's weight and conducting a balance test to ensure their work.
Preferred Method #3 - Executing a Safety Inspection
Gold Tech Garage Service carries out a courtesy safety inspection for every spring repair, confirming that all hardware and moving components on your door function as they should and meet safety requirements. It's possible that some worn mechanical parts on your door, installed at the same time as the springs, are now in an unsafe state. A non-functioning spring could be a sign of a more extensive issue with your door. That's why we believe in providing a free safety inspection and upholding a secure environment for our customers as a best practice.
We carry an extensive range of springs to accommodate the various types of garage doors. We recommend having a professionally trained technician take precise measurements before providing you with an exact price quote. Get in touch with Gold Tech Garage Service today to have a skilled technician give you an estimate for garage door spring repair!
Which Garage Door Opener Works Best for Your Home?
Chain Driven Openers
Frequently used in Columbus, chain drive openers are dependable and operate the garage door on its track by employing a metal chain. These openers are a little less costly than belt drives. However, they are noisy, which can be an issue if your garage is located below or adjacent to your home's main living spaces. Due to the minor savings and the absence of a lifetime warranty provided by LiftMasterÂ® for belt drives, we usually do not recommend chain drive openers.
Screw Driven Openers
Screw drive openers feature a lifting mechanism that runs on a threaded steel rod, as opposed to a chain or rubber belt. These openers perform best in locations with consistent weather and temperature conditions throughout the year. In areas with fluctuating temperatures or weather patterns, such as Columbus, a screw drive opener is not advised. Screw drive openers are the slowest and noisiest of all three openers but are the least expensive. If noise or slow operation was an issue with your previous opener, you might not enjoy having a screw-driven opener in your garage.
Ideal for Columbus residents with high garage ceilings or those looking to free up ceiling space, jackshaft openers are mounted on the wall next to your garage door and connect to the torsion spring above it. While they are somewhat more expensive than ceiling-mounted openers, they provide a unique and space-saving solution.
Belt Driven Openers
Widely considered the best type of opener in the industry, belt-powered openers are as reliable as chain drives and nearly noiseless. They operate on a steel-reinforced belt and are somewhat more expensive than chain and screw-powered openers. For homeowners in Columbus with attached garages or those close to bedrooms, a belt-powered opener ensures that you won't be disturbed by garage door noise. Many customers who select belt-powered openers are extremely satisfied and find it challenging to go back to the noise of a chain opener.
Top 10 Reasons to Select Gold Tech Garage Service for Your Needs
- Solid Experience: Our strong background, characterized by a successful track record and numerous happy clients, guarantees that our industry-leading experts will handle your garage door needs with the highest efficiency.
- Wide Selection of Products and Services: Gold Tech Garage Service offers a broad spectrum of products and services to address your particular needs. We can manage everything from custom-crafted doors to repair and installation services, guaranteeing we have the right solution for any door or product you need.
- Knowledgeable Staff: Our employees are well-informed and maintain a professional demeanor. They appreciate the value of superior customer service and strive to make your experience with them enjoyable. From fielding your concerns about overhead doors to sharing tips on garage door care, they're at your service.
- High-Quality Materials: By choosing only the best materials for your garage door, our company ensures it will be both durable and visually appealing. When you invest in a door from our garage door company in Columbus, you can have peace of mind knowing you've made a wise choice.
- Safety Assurance: Our company is committed to ensuring the correct and safe installation of your overhead door. This means you can trust that the installation and upkeep of your garage door meet the strictest guidelines, resulting in a secure setting for you and your family.
- Economical Choices: Gold Tech Garage Service presents various cost-efficient alternatives for your overhead door necessities. Locate a solution that aligns with your budget, encompassing installations, repairs, and bespoke designs.
- Prompt Service: When dealing with garage door repairs or installations, time matters. A reputable Columbus firm will ensure your needs are handled swiftly and proficiently.
- Assurance of Quality: Our services and products come with a quality assurance, ensuring that any garage door repairs or installations meet the highest standards. This gives you peace of mind, knowing your investment is secure.
- Warranty: We offer warranty protection for your investment, covering any malfunctions or accidental damages to your overhead door. This coverage helps to mitigate stress and financial concerns that may arise from a defective door.
- Customer Satisfaction First: At Gold Tech Garage Service, we prioritize customer satisfaction above all else. Our team works tirelessly to ensure you're delighted with our products and services, and we go above and beyond to exceed your expectations.
Overhead Door Repair Problems We Encounter on a Regular Basis
Broken Springs: If your garage door isn't functioning correctly, it could be due to broken springs. Inspect the condition of the springs to determine if they need repair.
Worn-out rollers: The rollers that help your garage door open and close can wear out over time, causing a noisy or stuck door. Inspect and replace the rollers as necessary.
Damaged Panels Maintenance: Regular maintenance of the panels on your garage door can help prevent damage from weather, normal wear and tear, or impact from a vehicle or a heavy object.
Misaligned tracks: Repairing misaligned tracks should be a priority to keep your garage door functioning correctly. Misaligned tracks can cause significant issues and should be addressed promptly.
Faulty Opener: If your garage door is not opening or closing correctly, a faulty opener could be the cause. Contact a professional to diagnose and repair any issues with the opener.
Safety Sensor: When it comes to garage doors, a common problem is the safety sensor. The sensor can become misaligned if something hits it, like a child playing, resulting in improper door closure. To avoid this issue, it's important to monitor the sensor.
Repairing the Most Common Overhead Door IssuesRollers: Damaged or worn-out rollers can negatively impact your gate's functionality. It may become challenging to open and close the gate correctly. Replacing the rollers is often a simple repair that can resolve the problem.
Pests: Pests, such as termites and carpenter bees, can also damage wooden gates. It is advisable to conduct regular checks for signs of infestation.
Fading: Over time, weather conditions and exposure to sunlight can cause the color of your gate to fade. To maintain its appearance, you may need to repaint it every few years.
Rotting: The lack of proper treatment or sealing of wooden gates can cause them to rot over time, resulting in the gate's weakening and eventual collapse.
Frames: Overhead doors with damaged or bent frames are prone to instability, which is a major safety concern. Promptly replacing or repairing the affected frame is necessary to avoid accidents and ensure safety.
Installation: The negative impact of incorrect installation can be significant, particularly with gates that may become unsafe and unstable. It is critical to address these issues urgently.
Warping: Exposure to hot or cold temperatures due to extreme weather conditions can cause warping and result in a misshapen gate.
Sagging: Wooden gates are often affected by sagging, which is primarily caused by the weight of the gate. To avoid this issue, it is recommended to use heavier hardware and secure the posts correctly.
Rusting: Rusting is often caused by moisture or humidity exposure and is a common problem. People residing in humid areas should be attentive to any signs of rust on their gate.
Hinges: Opening and closing your gate may be difficult if the hinges are misaligned or damaged. Fortunately, this is typically an uncomplicated fix for a professional.
When to Replace Your Garage Door in Columbus: A Guide
Although replacing your garage doors may seem like an obvious choice from a sales perspective, there are other compelling reasons for Columbus residents to consider. Here are just a few:
Save Energy in Your Home
Your garage door is likely the biggest moving object in your home, and it's also the most inefficient in terms of energy use. Replacing it with an insulated overhead door can reduce energy costs and transfer of hot and cold air.
Make Safety and Security Priority One
The majority of home invasions in Columbus occur via garage doors. Are you confident that your current garage door is resistant to tampering by malevolent intruders? Furthermore, if your garage door is not current, you may not benefit from the newest safety features, such as automatic reversal that raises the door when it detects an object.
Muffle Garage Door Sound
The noise created by overhead doors opening and closing can be bothersome, particularly for those in rooms near or above the garage. At Gold Tech Garage Service, we provide ultra-quiet hinges for people seeking a peaceful and smooth experience.
Increase Your Home's Charm
Pay attention to how much space your garage doors occupy on your home's frontage. Renovating them in Columbus can drastically enhance your home's curb appeal without a high cost.
What Our Columbus, WI Customers Frequently Ask Us
Should I consider hiring a professional for my new garage door installation?
Garage door installation is not recommended as a DIY endeavor due to its technical nature and potential risks. Garage doors are the largest moving elements in a home, and their installation involves many small, intricate parts. Connecting the springs is especially dangerous, and proper installation is crucial for the door's functionality. Professional garage door installers can accomplish the task within hours while adhering to safety regulations. Homeowners, however, often take days and experience considerable frustration. Moreover, incorrect installation can nullify certain warranties, so it's wise to hire a professional.
Is it worth choosing an insulated door for an un-insulated garage?
If you install insulated doors for large garage door openings, you can prevent the transfer of heat or cold air. This is important if your garage is attached to your home or used as a workshop, as it helps to maintain comfortable temperatures. Additionally, insulated doors are quieter and more visually appealing than non-insulated ones.
- Using insulated doors can ensure a stable temperature in the room above when the garage is situated below another room.
- Comfort is a top priority for a garage used as a workshop.
- Insulated doors boast a more aesthetically pleasing interior and a quieter operation than their non-insulated counterparts.
- Insulated doors stop air from the garage from entering your living space.
Which garage door material is superior - steel or wood?
When it comes to maintenance, steel doors generally require less work than wood doors. At Gold Tech Garage Service, our steel doors come pre-painted with a baked-on coating applied at the factory. We recommend cleaning the exterior of the door with warm water and a household detergent once a year. Our wood doors are unfinished and must be primed, painted, or stained on all six sides when delivered. To ensure that it is in good condition, it is recommended to check the paint or stain finish on wood doors once a year.
Is it permissible to replace my one-piece garage door with a sectional garage door?
Your local garage door dealer/installer can install a sectional door by adding appropriate track and springs. Modifications may be necessary based on your garage's construction, so have your Columbus, WI dealer assess the job beforehand.
Is it possible to paint a newly installed garage door?
Our steel doors come with a pre-painted baked-on coating that can be repainted, and we accept many types of exterior latex paints. However, oil-based paints should be avoided.